The first official patch of Fortnite Season 4 has arrived, and we have all of the details.
After developer notes leaked late last night, the Fortnite community gained insight into what would come next in the latest patch. Epic Games has not shied away one bit from the idea of adding more Marvel Comics characters and abilities into the fray. For months, Fortnite leakers like HYPEX have been releasing tidbits of information regarding these new abilities.
Until the latest patch dropped, players could experiment with Dr. Doom’s Arcane Gauntlets and Mystic Bomb, Groot’s Bramble Shield and Silver Surfer’s Surfboard. Each has its own unique concept, and we can now add a few more to the growing list of Mythic Marvel character abilities.
New Point of Interest (POI)
Frenzy Farm is no more for the time being. Patch 14.10 provided players with an interesting new take on the popular Chapter 2 location. The latest POI, named Stark Industries, puts players into Tony Stark’s highly technological world. Like Doom’s Domain, the new Stark Industries location features Iron Man as the primary antagonist of Fortnite players. New Iron Man Whiplash cars are available as well exclusively at Stark Industries. These reskinned Whiplash vehicles top out at 120. Be sure to drop into Stark Industries and explore the new area.
New Mythic Abilities
As anticipated, Epic Games unleashed a unique spread of Marvel Comic superhero abilities. The Fortnite Team detailed the new abilities in their latest blog post:
“The Stark Industries Update assembles even more powers to add to your arsenal. Summon a blow to your targeted location with Thor’s Mjolnir Strike, fire energy blasts and boost into the sky with Iron Man’s Repulsor Gauntlets, and more.”
It’s worth noting that none of these new abilities are available in Arena Mode. Fortnite leaker HYPEX detailed the statistics of these new abilities back on August 30:
She-Hulk Jump Smash
- Land player damage: 40
- Cooldown: 0.5
- Builds damage: 5,000
- Max charge time: 1
- Min charge for super jump: 0.16
- Smash cooldown: 0.05
- Gravity duration: 1.2
- Has LOW Health Regen
- Combo damage: 60
- Third strike damage: 120
- Builds damage: 500
- Speed Buff: x1.2
Wolverine Berserker Dash
- Damage: 50
- Builds damage: 2,000
- Cooldown: 5 seconds
Wolverine Spin Splash
- Has health regen
- Final hit damage: 100
- Builds damage: 50-250
- Players damage: 25-65
- Double hit damage: 35
- Cooldown: 0.05
- Jump duration: 0.85
- Jump height: +32
- Block health: 2,000
Storm Tornado Jump
- Builds damage: 5,000
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
- Jump height: 2,560
- Lifespan: 10 seconds
Thor Sky Strike
- Cooldown: 9 seconds
- Distance: 1,000
- Damage: 80
- Builds damage: 5,000
- Max range: 4,000
- Damage and build break radius: 378
Iron Man Repulsor Cannon
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
- Range: 20,000
- Damage: 150
- Builds damage: 200
- Boost cooldown: 15 seconds
- Boost strength: 131,300
Iron Man also drops a Unibeam Mythic Ability, which can cause damage through player builds. There are rumors of Black Panther’s Kinetic Armor floating around, but we have not seen this in-game as of posting these patch notes. HYPEX also confirmed that Wolverine’s Claws and Venom’s Smash & Grab would also appear in a future update.
Venom’s Ability Stats & Sounds:
Builds Damage: 5000 pic.twitter.com/O4sYslWS8n
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) September 10, 2020
Here are some other new features in patch 14.10, courtesy of Epic Games’ developer notes send out yesterday evening:
- The Forces of Galactus Ascend: Drones from beyond the cosmos crash-landed on the Island. Take out the Gatherer Drones and you’ll be rewarded.
- A Mint-Condition LTM: Mix and match iconic superpowers from across Marvel in a new comic book crossover LTM.
- Become a Hero: New on the Item Shop, customize your own hero!
- Weekly Wolverine Challenges: Clues to Weapon X’s whereabouts, continue with new Challenges on Thursday.
Here are some of the bugs that Epic Games resolved in patch 14.10:
- Supply Drops may sometimes not disappear off the map after being opened, persisting on both the map and mini-map.
- Using the Bifrost Glow Contrail in a match causes a drop in FPS.
- Players are unable to consume or throw fish when in the passenger seat of a car.
- The audio from an opponent’s Glider is sometimes missing after dropping from the Battle Bus. (This can cause you to be unable to hear enemies gliding above you in the early game)
- Using Silver Surfer’s Board during a match on PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch can sometimes cause a crash.
- Licensed Audio will not be muted/disabled, if this setting is selected, for Radio audio heard outside a vehicle. Entering the vehicle as a passenger or driver should properly disable the audio.
Epic Games continues to implement unique features to keep up with the Marvel Comics theme of this season. These patch notes are not 100%, so be sure to check back if we discover anything else that we did not from the outset.
Credit: Source link