War Child UK and Children in Conflict’s annual charity campaign, Armistice 2019, spotlights non-violent games throughout November to raise funds for children affected by conflict.
Until November 13, Steam is hosting an Armistice 2019 sale in which a percentage of all proceeds will go to the charity’s cause. The collection on sale include Sunless Skies, Mini Metro, Burly Men at Sea, 80 Days, Broken Sword, and many other non-violent games. Moreover, Failbetter Games, I Got Games, Digital Legends and Game Insight have partnered to create exclusive in-game content that will raise funds for the campaign. These are:
- Guns of Boom (Game Insight): Two new Armistice Insignias/Emblems available, which players can purchase to show their support for children affected by conflict
- Respawnables (Digital Legends): ‘Healer’ gadget returns for a limited time, and can be used to stun enemies and heal teammates without the need to switch ammunition type.
- Afterpulse (Digital Legends): A brand-new IAP containing non-violent content, such as Medic Kits and Lanterns
- Shadowgun Legends (Madfinger Games): An Armistice Bundle will be available from the currency and peace-themed stickers.
- Imperia Online (Imperia Online JSC): Players can purchase the Armistice Bundle containing a whole host of goodies to help them improve their empire, including Diamonds, Trade Coupons and Economic Schematics.
- Lords Mobile (I Got Games): The War Child Armistice Pack available for purchase in-game which contains 20% more gems than regular packs alongside a Shield, Chest of Hasty Learning, Speed Up Items and Resources
Additionally, Outside Xbox will hold a four-hour livestream focusing on ‘peace-promoting’ games with a number of guests like comedians Steve McNeil, Bec Hill, Jake Lambert, and content creators Hannah Rutherford and Stuart Ashens. This is set for November 12 and will kick off at 4.00pm GMT.
Credit: Source link