Valorant’s Patch 1.04 is live and brings major buffs to Viper and her abilities.
This week’s patch is all about leveling the playing field for Brimstone and Viper. Viper has one of the lowest pick rates in Valorant and has since the release of the game. Viper’s abilities hurt her teammates and aren’t the easiest to pick up or deploy in tense situations. Playing the toxic agent was more of a hassle than it was worth in coordinated teams. For these reasons, she was often substituted for Omen or Brimstone as a controller. The toxic gas that Viper spews out will still damage her teammates but packs more of a punch with the incoming changes.
Changes to Viper
- Max time outside of her ult before it collapses changed from 5>>>12 seconds
- Viper can hold the ability key to drop her ult early
- Enemies in Viper’s Pit have their minimap obscured and do not provide minimap detection to their allies
- Increased the brightness of the red enemy glow at the edge of Viper’s near-sight
- Enemy decay per second increased from 10 to 15 from all sources.
- After exiting Viper’s smoke, enemy decay sustains for 2.5 seconds before starting to fade
- Having both Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen active does not consume additional fuel beyond the cost of having one active
The biggest bonus here for Viper is the increase in the damage that Decay will inflict. Previous to this change, enemies would push through her abilities which were meant to deter aggression. Now, Decay from Viper’s Poison Cloud, Viper’s Pit, and Smoke Screen will inflict more damage over time. It will also take enemies longer to recover health lost during Decay, making most think twice before pushing. Viper’s fuel adjustments will allow her to use both abilities and consume significantly less fuel while doing so. Viper is now able to play outside of her ultimate for longer, and deploy it quicker than before. Enemies playing inside Viper’s Pit are now at a more steep advantage when taking the fight to her.
Most of the agents didn’t receive any changes except for Brimstone, Raze, and Cypher. Brimstone and Raze’s ultimate was increased from 6 to 7 Ult points, requiring a little extra effort to access their powerful equipment. Brimstone’s Stim Beacon was adjusted and now will only affect your teammates. This includes the firing rate buff and on allies will be able to see the radius of Stim Beacon. Cypher is now able to pick up his Cyber Cage during the buy phase which is a minor but welcome addition.
The last major change brought with Valorant Patch 1.04 is how the Classic’s right-click behaves. The shotgun blast of the standard-issue pistol was modified to behave consistently when running, jumping or walking.
- Fixed bug where running inaccuracy on the right-click was much higher than intended
- running was adding a 1.5 penalty because it was referencing our generalized running error curves for pistols
- Fixed bug where jumping had no inaccuracy penalty
- Running spread is changed from 3.4 >>> 2.1
- Jumping spread changed from 1.9 >>> 2.3
- Walking spread changed from 1.9 >>> 1.95
- Added a 10% bonus to accuracy when crouching and stationary
Viper won’t become a meta agent overnight, but with patch changes like these, she is on a good path. Riot rolls out patches consistently and its one of the refreshing aspects of Valorant.
The post Valorant Patch 1.04 Buffs Viper's Viability appeared first on Esports News Network | ESTNN.
Credit: Source link