- Begin skating as Tony Hawk this Friday with your digital pre-order.
- If you’ve pre-ordered, pre-download the Warehouse demo now.
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 launches on September 4.
On Friday, August 14 at 8 a.m. PDT, the gates of the Warehouse demo will be swung open for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 digital pre-order skaters across the globe to shred until the full release on September 4 on Xbox One.
Now it’s time to bring Tony back to the Warehouse! Here’s everything you need to know about this upcoming demo:
In this pre-release experience carved out from the full game, you get to skate as Tony Hawk in the level that started it all for the franchise: the Warehouse, straight out of the original Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater.
For this demo, you’ll take part in a classic, no-frills Single Session. You have two minutes – unless you go into overtime by keeping a combo going past the time limit – to rack up as much score as you can as you explore the Warehouse.
Want to try again? Just hit “Retry.” There is no limit to how many sessions you take.
Following each Single Session, you’ll see a breakdown of your final score, longest combo, and more individual stats based on how you skated within that session.
All Tricked Out
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 (and this demo) doesn’t just include tricks from the original two games. Vicarious Visions is bringing more moves from sequels within this storied franchise that you can use.
Here are all the notable tricks you can do in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2:
- Manual: While a skater has their board on solid ground, rapidly flicking the commands for up, then down (forward and back) will make them lean on the board’s back truck so that only two wheels are touching the ground. This stance must remain balanced by using the same commands, or else the board’s front wheels will hit the ground and end the Manual, or the skater will fall back and bail.
- Nose Manual: Similar to a Manual, except it’s made by rapidly flicking the commands for down, then up, for the two front wheels of the board to be only touching the ground.
- Flatland Tricks: While performing a Manual or Nose Manual, pressing buttons mapped to grind, flip, and grab commands will let the skater perform tricks such as a Casper, Pogo.
- Revert: You can be sure that the Revert is included in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 and this demo. As a skater is landing a trick on a vert surface, e.g. a half-pipe or bowl, pressing either (or both) buttons mapped to switching stances will allow the player to pivot the board 180 degrees, adding to their current combo and potentially extending it with a Manual or Nose Manual.
- Spine Transfer: If there is another vert surface opposite a skater’s current vert surface (e.g. two bowls or half-pipes next to each other), pressing the same Revert command while in mid-air will allow them to seamlessly “transfer” from surface to surface, which directly adds to their current combo and potentially could be key to finding extra points via Gaps.
- Acid Drop: If a skater Ollies, No Complies, Boneless, Nollies, or Fakie Ollies over a vert surface and presses the command used to Revert, they will land in the transition, allowing them to gain serious momentum and could let them start or continue a combo with a Revert into a Manual or Nose Manual.
- Wall Ride: Veteran skaters already know this but it’s worth repeating: If a skater jumps alongside a vertical surface (e.g. a wall) and presses the button normally used to Grind, they will have their board skid along the wall while they ride it, allowing them to gain points and start or continue a combo.
- Wall Plant: If a skater jumps directly into a vertical surface and presses the command used to perform a Boneless move, they will come off their skateboard and use their feet to leap off the surface with serious momentum in the other direction as they return onto the board, rather than slam themselves into the surface face first.
- Trick Transitions: A skater can transition between tricks by double tapping either the grind, grab or flip buttons while doing pretty much any trick, especially grinds.
Tricks Old and New
Along with other customizable features within this demo, such as in the settings, you’ll be able to fully customize and re-map Tony Hawk’s trick list.
In other words, Tony will be ready to ride with The 900, Kickflip McTwist, and 5-0 Overturn Grind. However, there are two more special trick spots that are open.
Want Tony to hit a Rowley Darkslide, as made famous by street skating icon Geoff Rowley? What about Tony trying some insane tricks from new skaters, such as Aori Nishimura’s Hardflip Backside Nose Pick? All those, and many, many more, are available to select in those open slots, or as a replacement to Tony’s original specials.
Special tricks aren’t the only fully customizable ones. Grab, Flip, and Lip tricks are also customizable and re-mappable. So, if you want to swap out Tony’s Grab tricks, so that he pulls off a Cannonball instead of an Indy, it’s possible.
Ready to experience it for yourself?
You can preload the Warehouse Demo starting on August 12 at 8am PDT. Once you have pre-ordered the game, search the Microsoft Store for the “Warehouse Demo” and you will find the Demo’s product page. Select “Get” to initiate your download. Once downloaded, the Demo will unlock starting at 8 a.m. PDT on August 14.
If you pre-order Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 after the demo launches on August 14 at 8 a.m. PDT, you will be able to download and play it immediately. Follow the steps above to access and play the demo.
Stay tuned for more information on Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 as we roll closer to launch on September 4, and pre-order the game now here.
Check out all the details on Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 in our reveal blog here. Stay tuned for more updates on Xbox Wire and on TonyHawkTheGame.com. Also be sure to follow news on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, as well as subscribe to the YouTube channel at YouTube.com/tonyhawkthegame.
Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2
Activision Publishing Inc.
Pre-order and receive:
– Access to the Warehouse Demo, available August 14, 2020*
Drop back in with the most iconic skateboarding games ever made. Play Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ & Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 2 in one epic collection, rebuilt from the ground up in incredible HD. All the pro skaters, levels and tricks are back and fully-remastered, plus more.
– Skate as the legendary Tony Hawk and the original pro roster, plus new pros
– Skate to songs from the era-defining soundtrack along with new music
– Hit insane trick combos with the iconic handling of the Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ series
– Play all the original game modes and go head-to-head with local 2-Player modes
– Show off your style and creativity with upgraded Create-A-Park and Create-A-Skater features
– Take your sessions online and compete against players from around the world in Multiplayer modes and leaderboards
Break skateboarding boundaries, show off your own style, and be part of the next generation of skaters and creators with Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2.
*Warehouse Demo availability and launch date(s) subject to change. Internet connection required. This pre-order will grant you access to that demo, when released. See www.tonyhawkthegame.com for details.
© 2020 Activision Publishing Inc. ACTIVISION and PRO SKATER are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. Tony Hawk is a registered trademark of Tony Hawk, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are property of their respective owners.
Credit: Source link