Our favorite Zaunite doctor is getting updated – here’s what the new abilities are.
The Dr. Mundo rework is here! The community has been waiting for months for League of Legends’ next Visual and Gameplay update, which will be the only one this season, according to Riot. The last VGU was over a year ago when Volibear was revitalized. Now that Mundo has put on some new scrubs, let’s look at his abilities!
Passive – Goes Where He Pleases
- Dr. Mundo resists the next immobilizing effect that hits him. He doesn’t lose health and drops a chemical canister somewhere on the ground nearby. If he walks over the canister, he picks it up, restoring a portion of his maximum health and reducing Goes Where He Pleases’ cooldown. If an enemy walks over the canister, it is destroyed.
- Dr. Mundo also gains increased health regeneration based on his maximum health.
Q – Infected Bonesaw
- This ability is mostly the same. Dr. Mundo throws an infected bonesaw which slows and deals magic damage to the first enemy hit based on their current health.
W – Heart Zapper
- Dr. Mundo electrocutes himself, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies for a few seconds. He also stores some of the damage dealt to him as grey health.
- At the end of the duration, he deals a burst of magic damage to nearby enemies while healing his grey health if an enemy is hit. The healing is reduced if only minions or monsters are hit. By reactivating the ability, Mundo can end the effect early, dealing a burst of damage and healing himself sooner.
E – Blunt Force Trauma
This ability has a passive and active effect:
- Passive – Dr. Mundo gets bonus attack damage based on his missing health.
- Active – Dr. Mundo slams his “medical” bag into the target, dealing physical damage based on his missing health. If the target is killed by the damage, he flies back, dealing the minimum damage of the ability to enemies they pass through.
R – Maximum Dosage
- Like his Q, his Ultimate has been kept mostly the same. Dr. Mundo overdoses on chemicals, instantly healing a percentage of his missing health. After the initial effect, he heals a portion of his maximum health over a long duration, while gaining movement speed and attack damage.
What has become of Mundo?
Riot did a great job of modernizing the Madman while also keeping his flavor. His passive gives a new incentive to players to initiate fights and also to kite between bonesaws. The Heart Zapper, his most changed active ability, kept the flavor of his old W, Burning Agony, while also powering up his clear speed with the burst and his survivability in the jungle. He also lost his drawbacks from his W, E and Ultimate abilities, so his first clear should be a lot healthier.
While Mundo is capable of fighting in the top lane, he was mostly seen in the jungle the last time he was in the meta. He has fallen out of grace for while now, ranking 51st on op.gg in top lane, while not even included as a jungle champion. But he is sure to find some new patients to “help” after his rework, which arrives in Patch 11.12!
The post The Madman's New Groove – Riot Reveals Dr. Mundo Rework and Abilities appeared first on Esports News Network | ESTNN.
Credit: Source link