The Last of Us Part 1 has eight weapons, each fulfilling a different purpose. They’re divided into two categories – long and short – with the former needing two hands to wield while the latter needs one.
Nevertheless, each weapon has distinct characteristics to keep in mind when upgrading. After obtaining the secondary holsters, which allow for switching between guns of the same type and are the first upgrades for all weapons, here are the best upgrades to get for each:
- Flamethrower – Since the Flamethrower deals damage over time via burning, you’ll want to douse enemies in flames from as far away as possible. Upgrade the Range and the Power to kill foes before they get too close.
- Hunting Rifle – First, upgrade to the Scope since this is your strongest ranged weapon. Next, increase the Power and pick up Armor-Piercing to have it deal more damage and penetrate armor.
- Bow – While draw speed may be appealing, you shouldn’t rely on the Bow in active combat. Lean on it during more stealthy situations, and upgrade the Range to ensure more accuracy.
- Pump Shotgun – With exceptional damage, the Pump Shotgun can be a strong equalizer against the Infected. Upgrade Range to ensure more consistent damage over longer distances, and then Recoil to lower its kick. Reload Speed can is nice for reducing the time needed to reload.
Next, let’s look at the best upgrades for the short weapons:
- 9mm Pistol – Since its reload speed isn’t all that shabby, upgrade the Capacity and Fire Rate of the 9mm. Lean on it for taking on several weaker foes at once while saving other weapons for the bigger threats.
- Revolver – If you need something with a bit more oomph, the Revolver will work and then some. Reload Speed is the best option here, lowering the time required to place each bullet back in the chamber.
- El Diablo – The El Diablo is one the most potent weapons in the game and perhaps the strongest short gun. It can kill a Bloater in two shots, but this is offset by how rare its ammunition is and how slow the reload speed can be. Go with Capacity and Armor Piercing, the latter adding even more damage for each shot (and piercing through helmets).
- Shorty – Despite being grouped with other pistols, the Shorty is essentially a shotgun. Clip Capacity and Spread are ideal for dealing with crowds of enemies, but you can also spec into Recoil if the kick proves too much.
The Last of Us Part 1 is available for PS5. Check out our official review here. For more details on the locations of each weapon, head here.
Credit: Source link