Well hellooo there! I’m Sam, co-founder of Butterscotch Shenanigans, and today I’m thrilled to share some tips and tricks to jumpstart your adventures in our goofy crafting RPG Crashlands.
In Crashlands, you’ll play as Flux, an intergalactic trucker who gets marooned on an outlandish, dangerous planet called Woanope. It’ll take all of your wits (and both of your glutes) to survive, gather up your cargo, and get off-world before your employer cuts your pension, so make the most of your adventure by following these pro-tips!
- Every quest matters: Quest givers often hold special recipes for powerful items or sweet pieces of furniture. They’re also always the source of boss encounters. If it seems like a quest-giver is asking a lot of you, it’s probably because there’s an insane boss-fight somewhere down the line, so get ready!
- Harvest everything: Seriously! Crashlands isn’t like every other crafting game you’ve played – there’s no penalty for carrying thousands of items. If you walk past something, pick it up!
- Bombs and potions are your friends: Make them! Tons of them.
- Run stations in parallel to boost your productivity: Like in the real world, things you make in Crashlands take some time to construct. Use that built-in downtime to check your other stations for useful things to make, like bombs or potions, or extensions to your base.
- Specialize with your trinkets: You’ve got four trinket slots in your suit. Trinkets are special items that augment your abilities in fantastic ways. Pay attention to creature weaknesses (check the compendium!) to outfit yourself for optimal combat, or improve your harvesting efficiency.
- Keep signs on hand: By always carrying signs with you, you can quickly label parts of the map where you find a pocket of rare resources or rare, epic creatures.
- Pick the right pet for the job: Every pet provides different types of damage, different attack patterns, and different buffs to you. You can make your combat a lot smoother by learning about the strengths and weaknesses of the creatures you are fighting and bringing a pet that counteracts them!
- Salvage and re-roll your equipment. Crafted equipment on Woanope is subject to the fluctuating energy blasts coming from the core of the planet – so any given weapon or armor craft could be more powerful than another. In your suit UI you’ll find a small, yellow recycle icon – this can be used to breakdown old or unwanted equipment so you can get some of the precious components back for another roll at a particularly juicy upgrade.
With these tips in-hand you’ll quickly gain mastery over the wilds, tame all kinds of alien beasts, and get a taste for all the adventure that Crashlands has to offer. Now get out there and thrive!
Play as Flux Dabes, a galactic delivery truck driver whose latest shipment gets interrupted by a megalomaniacal alien named “Hewgodooko” who tears her ship to pieces looking for useful tech. Crashlanded on Woanope, you must fight, tame, craft, quest, bossfight, and adventure your way to domination of all the things so that you and JuiceBox, your trusty sidekick/supervisor/robotic cargo palette, can send a message to the Bureau of Shipping and get those packages delivered!
Credit: Source link