Much previous games in the series, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD provides the option to upgrade your current gear. The main difference is that almost everything can be upgraded through various merchants in the Skyloft Bazaar. Let’s take a look at all of the different equipment upgrades along with Treasures and costs involved, starting with shields:
- Wooden Shield – Received from Instructor Owlan or purchased from the Gear Shop for 50 Rupees.
- Banded Shield – Upgrade for Wooden Shield. Costs 30 Rupees and requires two Amber Relic, one Monster Claw and one Jelly Blob.
- Braced Shield – Upgrade for Banded Shield. Costs 50 Rupees and requires two Monster Claws, three Amber Relics, two Tumbleweeds and one Ornamental Skull.
- Iron Shield – Purchased at the Gear Shop for 100 Rupees.
- Reinforced Shield – Upgrade for Iron Shield. Costs 50 Rupees and requires two Eldin Ores, two Ornamental Skulls and two Monster Claws.
- Fortified Shield – Upgrade for Reinforced Shield. Costs 100 Rupees and requires three Eldin Ores, three Monster Claws, three Tumbleweeds and one Blue Bird Feather.
- Sacred Shield – Purchased from Gear Shop for 500 Rupees.
- Divine Shield – Upgrade for Sacred Shield. Costs100 Rupees and requires three Ornamental Skulls, one Dusk Relic and two Bird Feathers.
- Goddess Shield – Upgrade to Divine Shield. Costs 150 Rupees and requires three Monster Horns, four Dusk Relics, three Bird Feathers and one Blue Bird Feather.
Next up is the Wallet, which holds all of your Rupees. You’ll start out with the basic Wallet and can purchase three Extra Wallets from Beedle for 100 Rupees each (thus allowing for 300 additional Rupees to be stored). Subsequent upgrades are possible with Gratitude Crystals – take these Bandeaux for the upgrades.
- Medium Wallet – Requires five Gratitude Crystals
- Big Wallet – Requires 30 Gratitude Crystals
- Giant Wallet – Requires 50 Gratitude Crystals
- Tycoon Wallet – Requires 80 Gratitude Crystals
Next, we have the different upgrades to items. Some upgrades don’t cost anything but others requires Rupees and materials (along with a trip to the Scrap Shop)
- Beetle – Obtained from Skyview Temple.
- Quick Beetle – Upgrade to Beetle. Costs 50 Rupees and requires two Ancient Flowers, two Hornet Larvae and one Golden Skull.
- Tough Beetle – Upgrade to Quick Beetle. Costs 50 Rupees and requires three Ancient Flowers, four Amber Relics, one Blue Bird Feather and one Goddess Plume.
- Bug Net – Acquired from Beedle’s Air Shop for 50 Rupees.
- Big Bug Net – Upgrade to Bug Net. Costs 100 Rupees and requires three Tumbleweeds, two Ancient Flowers and one Evil Crystal.
- Bow – Obtained in the Sandship.
- Iron Bow – Upgrade to the Bow. Costs 50 Rupees and requires three Tumbleweeds, three Monster Claws, two Eldin Ores and one Evil Crystal.
- Sacred Bow – Upgrade to the Iron Bow. Costs100 Rupees and requires five Tumbleweeds, three Lizard Tails, two Evil Crystals and one Goddess Plume.
- Slingshot – Locate the Kikwi elder’s friends.
- Scattershot – Upgrade to the Slingshot. Costs 50 Rupees and requires three Jelly Blob, two Dusk Relic and two Amber Relic.
- Digging Mitts – Obtained from Mogma at the Eldin Volcano.
- Mogma Mitts – Defeat Magmanos in the Fire Sanctuary and speak to Silva.
Upgrades can also be done to the Satchel and Arrow Quiver which hold ammo for your ranged weapons.
- Small Seed Satchel – Purchased for 50 Rupees from the Gear Shop.
- Medium Seed Satchel – Upgrade to Seed Satchel. Costs 50 Rupees and requires four Amber Relics, three Monster Claws and three Ornamental Skulls.
- Large Seed Satchel – Upgrade to Medium Seed Satchel. Costs 100 Rupees and requires five Amber Relics, three Monster Claws, one Golden Skull and one Blue Bird Feather
- Bomb Bag – Located in the Earth Temple after defeating two Lizalfos.
- Small Bomb Bag – Purchased from the Gear Shop for 150 Rupees or found in a Goddess Chest. Allows for carrying five more bombs.
- Medium Bomb Bag – Upgrade to Small Bomb Bag. Costs 50 Rupees and requires one Lizard Tail, three Ornamental Skulls and one Blue Bird Feather.
- Large Bomb Bag – Upgrade to Medium Bomb Bag. Costs 100 Rupees and requires three Lizard Tails, four Jelly Blobs, two Hornet Larvae and one Golden Skull
- Small Quiver – Purchased from the Gear Shop after receiving the Bow. Costs 50 Rupees.
- Medium Quiver – Upgrade to the Small Quiver. Costs 50 Rupees and requires three Monster Horns, three Dusk Relics and five Amber Relics.
- Large Quiver – Upgrade to Medium Quiver. Costs 100 Rupees and requires two Monster Horns, three Dusk Relics, one Golden Skull and one Goddess Plume.
Finally, we have Potions which can be used to restore health, replenish shield durability and restore stamina. Let’s take a look at all of the different upgrades below.
- Heart Potion – Purchased from the Potion Shop for 20 Rupees.
- Heart Potion+ – Upgrade to Heart Potion. Costs 20 Rupees and requires three Blessed Butterflies, one Volcanic Ladybug and one Woodland Rhino Beetle.
- Heart Potion++ – Upgrade to Heart Potion+. Costs 30 Rupees and requires three Blessed Butterflies, three Deku Hornets, one Eldin Roller and one Sand Cicada.
- Revitalizing Potion – Purchased from the Potion Shop for 50 Rupees but also found in a chest in the Sealed Temple.
- Revitalizing Potion+ – Upgrade to Revitalizing Potion. Costs 20 Rupees and requires three Deku Hornets, two Skyloft Mantises and two Woodland Rhino Beetles.
- Revitalizing Potion++ – Upgrade to Revitalizing Potion+. Costs 30 Rupees and requires three Lanayru Ants, two Woodland Rhino Beetles, one Gerudo Dragonfly and one Sand Cicada.
- Stamina Potion – Purchased at the Potion Shop for 50 Rupees.
- Stamina Potion+ – Upgrade to Stamina Potion. Costs 20 Rupees and requires three Volcanic Ladybugs, two Sky Stag Beetles, two Gerudo Dragonflies and one Faron Grasshopper.
- Air Potion – Purchased at the Potion Shop for 20 Rupees.
- Air Potion+ – Upgrade to Air Potion. Costs 20 Rupees and requires two Sky Stag Beetles, two Skyloft Mantises and two Lanayru Ants.
- Guardian Potion – Purchased at the Potion Shop for 200 Rupees.
- Guardian Potion+ – Upgrade to Guardian Potion. Costs 40 Rupees and requires one Faron Grasshopper, two Eldin Rollers, three Blessed Butterflies and three Starry Fireflies.
Credit: Source link