Mentioned in this article
- The Shanghai-Jingan government unveiled the Esports Shanghai Masters, which will be held at Shanghai Jingan Sports Center from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1 with a ¥5M RMB ($700K USD) total prize pool.
- The tournament will invite players from China, Japan, Korea, North America, and Europe.
- The Shanghai-Jingan government and Shanghai General Administration of Sports will also host an esports business conference, esports fans party, and esports video art show alongside the event.
The Shanghai-Jingan government announced that the Esports Shanghai Masters will be held at Shanghai Jingan Sports Center from Nov.28 to Dec.1, with a ¥5M ($700K) total prize pool. Bilibili Esports, an esports division of video platform Bilibili, communications company Shanghai Unicom, and service network KPMG will serve as the official partners of this tournament.
According to the announcement, The Esports Shanghai Masters is the first international esports tournament with the name of a Chinese city – Shanghai. The tournament will invite players from China, Japan, Korea, North America, and Europe to participate in a number of esports titles including Overwatch, League of Legends, Warcraft III, and Dungeon Fighter Online (DNF).
- For DNF competition on Nov. 28, the tournament will invite teams from China, the United States, Japan, and Korea.
- For the Overwatch competition on Nov. 29, four teams from Overwatch League will be invited. The tournament has already unveiled two of the four teams: Shanghai Dragon and Hangzhou Spark.
- For the Warcraft III competition on Nov. 30, 16 professional players from China, the United States, Europe, and Korea will be invited.
- For the League of Legends competition on Dec. 1, the tournament will invite the retired players who from League of Legends Pro League (LPL), League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK), League of Legends European Championship (LEC) and League of Legends Championship Series (LCS).
In addition, the Shanghai-Jingan government and Shanghai General Administration of Sports will host an esports business conference, esports fans party, and an esports video art show alongside the event. The esports business conference will focus on two topics: “Three values in esports” and “Four related industry areas,” according to the announcement.
Credit: Source link