Classic airliner from the “Golden Age of Aviation” comes to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace
Created by the renowned development team at PMDG Simulations, the Douglas DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator offers a feature-rich, highly detailed simulation packed with realism and authenticity.
Created using one of the world’s last remaining flyable DC-6s as the foundation, PMDG has authentically recreated the airplane, its flight deck, instrumentation, flight characteristics, vibration characteristics and mechanical systems, matching them to the actual airplane and then wrapping them in a fully customized sound-set that is sure to wrap you in the sensory experience that is flying a classic prop-liner.
From takeoff to touchdown, PMDG’s Virtual Flight Engineer can guide you through the experience or can sit quietly while you do all the work. Task him to take over all of the systems, checklists and engine management tasks, allowing you to enjoy the flying experience as you learn to fly this sophisticated, highly capable airliner.
This package includes both the DC-6A (cargo) and DC-6B (passenger) versions of the airplane, along with optional variations in the nose shape and window configurations that were once used by airlines around the world. The PMDG DC-6 is offered at a special release price of $54.99 for a limited time.
Learn more of what it takes to fly the DC-6 in a multi-part video tutorial series on the PMDG Simulations YouTube channel designed to help beginners and advanced simmers alike and maximize their enjoyment in the process. Find dozens of free airline liveries for the PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator at PMDG.com. Your DC-6 will be properly outfitted no matter where in the world you elect to fly! The sky is calling!
Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available on Xbox Series X|S with Xbox Game Pass, Windows 10 and 11 with Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Steam.
For the latest information on Microsoft Flight Simulator, stay tuned to @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition
Xbox Game Studios
The Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year (GOTY) Premium Deluxe Edition celebrates all the positive feedback, reviews and awards garnered, but it is also a “Thank You” to our fans – new and old – that have made Microsoft Flight Simulator such a phenomenon. The Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition includes 35 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 48 hand-crafted airports.
This enhanced edition introduces simmers to five all-new aircraft, eight new handcrafted airports, six new Discovery Flights, new tutorials, and updates to the weather system
The five new handcrafted aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator include:
• Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military jet and a highly requested feature from the community. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion will release with the movie next Spring, but we wanted simmers to have the opportunity to test their need for speed this holiday.
• VoloCity: We partnered with well-known German company Volocopter, which is working on an eVTOL called “VoloCity”, a vision for an urban air taxi. We worked closely with the Volocopter engineering team to develop an authentic version of the prototype aircraft for the simulator. This is our first aircraft that can perform pinpoint landings and is a teaser of what you can look forward to in 2022 when we intend to launch helicopters in the sim.
• Pilatus PC-6 Porter: This legendary short takeoff and landing (STOL) utility aircraft is a highly versatile plane from Switzerland and comes with several cockpits, cabins, and landing gear variations. It is the result of our close collaboration with the manufacturer and the dev
• CubCrafters NX Cub: Yakima-based CubCrafters recently introduced a nosewheel option for their flagship CC-19 XCub Aircraft, popularly called the NX Cub, which we are pleased to introduce to the flight sim audience to further enhance our bush flying and off airport options.
• Aviat Pitts Special S1S: One of our most popular planes gets a single-seat option with the release of this aircraft.
New Airports – We are adding eight handcrafted airports in Central Europe and the United States:
o Leipzig/Halle Airport (EDDP)
o Allgäu Airport Memmingen (EDJA)
o Kassel Airport (EDVK)
o Lugano Airport (LSZA)
o Zurich Airport (LSZH)
o Luzern-Beromunster Airport (LSZO)
• United States
o Patrick Space Force Base (KCOF)
o Marine Corps Air Station Miramar (KNKX)
The Game of the Year release is adding information about 545 previously missing airports in the United States.
New Missions – Based on the popularity of the recently introduced Discovery Flights, we are adding an additional six locations (Helsinki, Freiburg im Breisgau, Mecca, Monument Valley, Singapore, and Mount Cook) to this popular series.
New Tutorials – To further expand the onboarding experience, we are adding 14 new tutorials, introducing simmers to Bush flying (in an Icon A5) and IFR (in a Cessna 172).
New Features – We are also pleased to introduce several highly requested features by the community: an updated weather system, early access to DX12, and a dev mode replay system.
New Photogrammetry Cities – As part of our ongoing collaboration with Bing Maps, we are pleased to add a number of new photogrammetry cities: Helsinki (Finland), Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle, and Nottingham (UK) and Utrecht (Netherlands).
Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition will be available as a free update for owners on PC and Xbox Series X|S. For new users, the GOTY Edition is the perfect entry point to flight simming as it offers an even richer experience, and it will be the item they purchase as we are retiring the original. Invite your friends to experience the wonders of flight. The sky is calling!
Credit: Source link