Rogue Lords, the roguelike in which you cheat using the game interface, is now available on Xbox One! First released on PC last year, we are very excited to now be releasing it on Xbox, the next major step in our adventure. We hope you will have a great time playing as the Devil and leading the forces of Evil to victory.
Play as the Devil and Control Iconic Evil Geniuses
Years after suffering a crushing defeat at the hands of the Demon Hunters, the Devil has returned to the lands of Men to re-establish his grip on mortals and to wreak his revenge. Still weakened, he surrounds himself with nine infamous evil geniuses such as Dracula, the Headless Horseman, the White Lady and Baron Samedi, and sets out in search of legendary artifacts that will enable him to regain his former power.
As the Prince of Hell, in each run you control a team of three characters with unique skills, develop their synergies and lead them in merciless turn-based combats on any mortals who dare block your path. Unlike the Disciples, the Devil has no physical incarnation: we decided not to give him a specific form so that everyone is free to picture him as they will.
Use the Game Interface to Cheat
Nothing will stop you, especially not any rules those foolish mortals follow! In exchange for some of your life force, you can manipulate your Disciples’ and opponents’ health gauges, steal your enemies’ positive statuses, open doorways on the map, force the scales to tip in your favour during interactive events, and more. All of this will enable you to overturn a situation at a crucial point during your run!
When we created Rogue Lords, we wanted to make sure the gameplay for the Devil was not only really fun, but it was also specific to the character himself, and cheating was perfect for such a supreme manipulator. That’s also why losing a run doesn’t mean a thing to him: he refuses to accept defeat and alters reality by rebooting history until he’s satisfied.
Let Evil Reign Over the New World
Your objective is to regain your power and crush two enemy factions: the Demon Hunters, who once drove you from the Earth, and the Sanctua Lumen, a new sect that has gained considerable influence during your absence and mercilessly tracks down all those who serve you. By completing the events that lie on your route, you can increase the region’s terror gauge, sign treaties with humans, collect souls that you can exchange for upgrades for your Disciples… and, above all, give mortals good reason to cower in terror before you once again.
If you like roguelike games, this game and its challenges are for you. We hope you will have a diabolical time forcing the New World to buckle beneath the yoke of the Devil in Rogue Lords, now available on Xbox One!
Rogue Lords Day One Edition
DAY ONE EDITION SPECIAL OFFER – To celebrate the game’s release, get an exclusive custom skin for Dracula, Bloody Mary and the Headless Horseman for free! The DLC Moonlight Skins Pack is included free with any purchase between 28 April 2022 and 12 May 2022.
The first roguelike in which you play as the devil, which means you can change some of the game’s rules to your advantage! Run after run, manage your team of famous evil geniuses as they encounter unforeseen events and turn-based combat. Unlock new skills, create powerful synergies and use your powers to turn the situation in your favour at critical moments. Only by collecting ancient artefacts can you finally take your revenge on the Demon Hunters.
A DARK TALE
Weakened from defeat to the forces of good, you fled the world and sought refuge in hell to survive. Decades later, you have returned with your most faithful Disciples to exact revenge on those wretched Demon Hunters. But the world has changed in your absence. Your enemies have become all-powerful, and a new religion – the Sanctua Lumen – has become very influential. It mercilessly hunts down all those who serve you. To reinstate your hold over the world of humans, you must first regain the strength you previously wielded by taking possession of artefacts with legendary power.
CONTROL FAMOUS EVIL GENIUSES
– Create your team of 3 Disciples from Dracula, the Headless Horsemen, Bloody Mary, the White Lady, Lilith, Hecate, Baron Samedi, and Frankenstein and his Creature.
– Each Disciple has their own unique story, abilities and gameplay: combine their skills to create devastating synergies, and deal with the mortals that dare stand in your way.
– Collect souls and exchange them for new skills, upgrades and powerful relics that can strengthen your Disciples.
THE DEVIL PLAYS BY HIS OWN RULES
– Sacrifice some of your health to control the game interface: nothing will stop you – and certainly not the rules imposed on mortals.
– Manipulate the health bars of your Disciples and enemies, optimise status effects to suit your fight tactics, open portals on the map, tip the odds in your favour during events… there are many occasions to use your diabolical powers throughout your run.
TAKE BACK YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE
– Increase the terror gauge by winning fights and completing interactive events to earn valuable bonuses for your Disciples.
– Complete each event to your liking to reduce the influence of the Sanctua Lumen, give mortals good reason to fear you, and decide the fate of traitors who have allied themselves with your enemies.
– Take revenge on the Demon Hunters in epic turn-based fights.
Credit: Source link