Don’t lose hope – there a number of ways around NBA 2K20’s massive grind.
Visual Concepts’ NBA 2K20, much like EA’s FIFA titles, is boosted by the hunt for currency. It’s called Virtual Currency (VC) and you’ll need lots of it to unlock everything on offer. There are numerous ways to farm for the same, though they each carry their own sets of risks and rewards.
Of course, the easiest way is to just buy Virtual Currency with real money. We’d advise against this from the outset but you can purchase varying amounts, from $2 for 5,000 VC to $100 for 450,000 VC. Another easy way that costs nothing at all is to log into the NBA 2K20 Official App and play its card game. This nets you 500 to 600 VC daily and requires next to no effort.
Without further ado, start out with MyCareer Mode. It doles out a good amount of currency and while you need to follow the assignment and play decently, it’s not all that difficult. Pick and choose the best endorsements during your time in MyCareer since they can offer higher amounts of VC. Virtual Currency can also be earned from The Neighborhood so don’t be afraid to dabble in that.
MyLeague Mode is also worthwhile since it allows you to earn Virtual Currency by simply simulating matches and jumping in at the last minute. This will count as earning VC and requires next to no work on your part.
If you want to truly engage in the riskiest venture, then Ante Up is the way to go. Go to The Stage to face other players. You can then bet different amounts against them. If you’re fairly skilled, then this makes for some quick and easy Virtual Currency. If not, stay clear of the mode and save your hard-earned money until your skills improve.
How to Consistently Score
Scoring is an essential part of basketball and being a consistent scorer will get you far in NBA 2K20. To achieve this, first spend some time mastering the Shot Meter. Much like previous games, release the button when the meter is filled for the most effective shots. Stamina is also important – players who are exhausted won’t be as consistent in shooting. Make substitutions when necessary – especially since they help vary your play-style – and try jogging when on the court as opposed to running all the time. Every little bit helps.
Knowing how to Pick and Roll can also be a key to victory. Hold down the L1/LB button and you’ll see a teammate move in front of a defender. Use the left thumbstick to have them change their position or move to an open space. Pressing L1/LB instead of holding it allows a teammate to fade earlier. Otherwise, choose the right moves to either pass the ball across for a clean shot or receive for a finishing shot of your own.
REP is yet another grind you’ll have to indulge in with NBA 2K20 but there are ways around it. Set the difficulty to Hall of Fame and ensure the quarter length is 12 minutes. Have a good team but also choose one that requires a lot of assisting. Assists are worthwhile and should help in grinding out Badges as well.
A fast way to farm REP is to head into 3v3 Pro-Am Mode. Go to The Neighborhood and selecting the Pro-Am tab. Create your own team and once the process is complete, invite some friends to play with you. Ready up and begin the game to get lots of REP. If the match doesn’t start, leave and rejoin.
Endorsements also play a strong role in gaining REP along with VC. Ensure you hit November or December in the first season and that sponsors like 2K Sports, Beats or Nike endorse you. Earning enough REP will unlock different perk badges. The badges and their benefits are as follows:
- Iron Wall Badge: Set hard screens in The Neighborhood.
- Screen Crusher Badge: Blow up hard screens in The Neighborhood.
- Nothing Easy Badge: Hard fouls boost your team’s takeover in The Neighborhood.
- Gym Rat Badge: Always have extra Energy and no more workouts in the gym needed.
- Takeover Booster: Takeover meter fills quicker in The Neighborhood.
Here are all the REP rewards you can get from NBA 2K20. Make sure to check your progress through MyREP Progression.
- Rookie 1: Jersey customization unlocked at the NBA Store, plus you can colour your hair at Doc’s.
- Rookie 2: Show-Off Tier 1 Emotes become available.
- Rookie 3: MyCOURT Rims, plus the ability to wear accessories in The Neighborhood. Swag’s will also provide some Bling Bling aka Jewelry to wear.
- Pro 1: Show-Off Tier 2 Emotes unlocked. Wheels provides a skateboard for getting around. Neighborhood gameplay animations unlocked.
- Pro 2: Iron Wall Badge earned. Tier 1 Player Panels unlocked. Pick up a hat at Swag’s and customize the MyCOURT Scoreboard.
- Pro 3: Swag’s now sells eye wear. You can also pick up a scooter at Wheels. Legend jerseys unlocked in the NBA Store.
- All-Star 1: Show-Off Tier 3 Emotes unlocked, plus you get a beach cruiser bike from Wheels and gameplay animations.
- All-Star 2: Screen Crusher Badger unlocked along with Tier 2 Player Panels. MyCOURT floor customization also unlocked. You can also use your own ball in Neighborhood games
- All-Star 3: Show-Off Tier 4 Emotes and Nothing Easy badge unlocked. MyCOURT can be customized with Murals. BMX bike can be acquired from Wheels. You can now drop beats in The Neighborhood.
- Superstar 1: Park Handles badge unlocked along with tandem bike from Wheels. Unlocked tattoos for neck, back and chest. You get a mini-basketball machine on MyCOURT. Also gain the ability remove your shirt.
- Superstar 2: Swag’s provides Backpacks. Gain two daily spins at the wheel. More Park gameplay animations unlocked.
- Superstar 3: Gym Rat Badge unlocked. Wheels provides a low rider bike. You also get your own entrance.
- Elite 1: Show-Off Tier 5 Emotes unlocked along with MyCOURT Penthouse. First for all store sales. Takeover Booster Badge unlocked. Daily spins are now on the Elite Wheel.
- Elite 2: Wheels provides a hoverboard. You can now create your own t-shirt with MySTYLE. Earn double Virtual Currency. Tier 3 Player Panels unlocked.
- Elite 3: Wheels provides a trike. Swag’s now offers Mascots. You can also wear suits and have fireworks.
- Legend: Receive a free copy of NBA 2K21 (available in limited supply). Other rewards include being featured on 2KTV, arriving in style and the “Got next? Line starts here”. More Badge Points received along with Legend Player Panels.
Credit: Source link