Mentioned in this article
With the esports industry predicted to reach $1.1B USD in global revenue this year, the opportunity within the space has never been greater.
Leaders and The Esports Observer (TEO), sister companies within the newly formed Leaders Group, will host The Esports Forum on Oct. 9 at The Sport Business Summit, part of Leaders Week London 2019. The half-day, dedicated esports forum will attract over 200 senior decision-makers from technology, entertainment, sport, and esports.
In addition to three 40-minute panels that explore key themes impacting the future of esports, networking opportunities will be available, including drinks with the full The Sports Business Summit audience.
Panels and confirmed speakers for the event are as follows
1. Esports Infrastructure: From Training Facilities to World-Class Arenas
- Unlocking additional revenue streams
- What do esports fans expect from a live esports experience?
- Training facilities which cater to esports athletes
Confirmed speakers: David Harris, managing director, Guinevere Capital; Chris Overholt, president and CEO, OverActive Media Group
2. Regulation: What Framework Will Unleash Esports’ Full Potential
- Maintaining the full integrity of the esports industry
- Have we moved on from the days of the wild west?
- Which is better: a light touch or structured framework?
Confirmed speaker: Ralf Reichert, co-CEO, ESL
3. FIFA vs. Overwatch: Where Is The Money For Sports Properties?
- What are the best opportunities for sports teams to invest in the esports industry?
- Understanding the two different communities of fans
- Could FIFA tournaments sell out large arenas?
Confirmed speaker: Chris Park, CEO, Gen.G Esports
As the industry continues to grow, esports networking has become more critical to entities across the business world. Global brands need to find the right way to enter the space, rights holders must determine if they need dedicated esports teams, and industry service providers have to evaluate whether their products and services meet the needs of this ever-expanding audience.
More information about The Esports Forum, including the current schedule and ticket prices, is available on the Leaders Week London website.
Credit: Source link